Monday, February 7, 2011

New Delhi!

I've been in India for a week, and it's been fantastic. What's great about this trip is it has a mix of sightseeing and visiting friends whom I haven't seen in a while.
Here's my trip itinerary:
  • New Delhi (flying from HK), visiting Adi and Anu, seeing Old Delhi
  • Agra, seeing the Taj Mahal
  • Darjeeling, going to Tiger Hill, Riding the Toy Train
  • Kolkata, visiting Varun
  • Amritsar, seeing the Golden Temple, Going to the India/Pakistan Border for their "changing of the guard"
  • Udaipur, visiting the Lake Palace and Jain Temples
  • New Delhi (flying back to HK)
Here are some pictures from my first stop in New Delhi, my travel hub while I'm in India.
I got to meet up with Anu, whom I knew from ME masters, was also in town for a few weeks.
I've known Adi since freshman year, so it was definitely good catching up. Here's a picture of us at his place, where he's introduced me to black salt/black pepper/lemon grilled corn on the cob. Way better than just butter!
Here is the Qutb Minar, the world's tallest brick minaret from, contruction started in 1193 (wikipedia link).
Lotus Temple at night (wikipedia link). Inside the temple is probably the quietest spot in Delhi.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Catherine Tramell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine Tramell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.