Monday, February 7, 2011

Food!

Food here is fantastic, especially for vegetarians. I was sitting around a dinner table the other day, and it came to light that I was vegetarian. I then found out that the other 11/12 people at the table were also vegetarian. What's even more funny were the questions everyone at the table asked the non vegetarian: "how do you stand the smell of meat?" "what do you eat?" "why aren't you a vegetarian?" Usually, the vegetarian is under the spotlight!

Anything that is vegetarian has a green dot or is in green packaging, and if it isn't vegetarian, it's cooked separately, packaged in red, and clearly marked "NON-VEG."

 I think my favorite kind of Indian food is Chaat - likely because a lot of it is fried!
  More Chaat!
 The McAloo Tikki (Aloo is Potato)... and it's Vegetarian! This needs to go International.
 Ironically, KFC also has Veg food - here's their Veg Zinger!

Then there's the grilled panners, curries, daals, puris, rotis, chapatis, dosas, idlys, utapams, etc... Look out for a 200lb version of me when I'm done eating my way through India.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: