Saturday, August 15, 2009

Beach Trip - Xiao Mei Sha (小梅沙)

I've heard about 2 beaches in Shenzhen, so Kristen and I decided to go check it out. One is the big beach (Da Mei Sha), which is free, and one is the small beach (Xiao Mei Sha), which costs money. I figured that if you have to pay to go, there should be fewer people. There were a TON of people. I'm glad that most Chinese people can't swim and if you make your way into the deeper end, it thins out a lot. :P

 Even though there were a lot of people, it didn't feel too crowded. It just felt like the place to hang out on a nice day. The

 Look at all the people! The water was pretty warm (maybe 22degC).

 I got to do some swimming and go to walk along the rocks. When one thinks of Shenzhen, one doesn't really picture this!

They have camping tents and some BBQ pits too, so a camping trip on the beach doesn't sound like a bad idea at all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: