Sunday, February 7, 2010

KL

I've only been in KL for 2 days and I really like the city. People are really nice and helpful. It's great when you're in a country and you don't feel like you need to be on guard all the time as a tourist. Everyone is eager to help me find places or make recommendations. Maybe the biggest difference is that people here all smile! No one in China really smiles, so it's great to be back in a smiley place!

I'm staying at the BackHome KL Hostel, and it's fantastic.
http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/BackHome-Kuala-Lumpur/Kuala-Lumpur/35901

  Went to the skybridge at the Petronas Towers. It was a really nice clear day outside. Though it was a bit warm and humid, it was relatively comfortable.

  You bet I ate a lot of Roti Canai. I had 4 of them yesterday, and I'm just getting started!

  Went to the Batu Caves, a Hindu cave complex where Indians come to worship.

  At the base of the KL tower they had a really small exhibit of lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys, and other small animals. I think this snake around my neck probably could have eaten me if it hadn't already eaten it's 15 chickens for the month!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That picture with the snake is freaking me out, but I'm glad you're having fun and that we get to read about it here. :)