Saturday, October 11, 2008

in cambodia & job in shen zhen!

my dad and i took a bus from saigon to phnomh penh and arrived 2 days ago. we're having lots of fun. it's great that my dad speaks khmer, though it's been about 30 yrs since he's used it. the most fun comes when they speak to each other in khmer under the assumption that we don't understand (my dad has fun translating it to me afterward).

we'll probably head over to siem reap in a day or so. then i have plans to fly back to burma to do some more work with IDE (international development enterprises) before returning home around nov 17th.

for reasons of time, i've cut out laos from my traveling now, and will save it for a trip later on - probably a nice overland trip from shen zhen.

oh, and i've accepted a job in shen zhen for the next 2 years and will be starting in jan 2009. time for me to brush up on my mandarin (especially for ordering food from menus!). if you're looking for an excuse to go to china, this is it!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is SO exciting! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats Dana!! This is really awesome, best of luck in ShenZhen, so close to Hong Kong...much envy from me! When will you be back in the bay area?

Athena said...

Congrats Dana! Super exciting! I stumbled onto your blog today; we should have a big celebration when you return!