Thursday, August 14, 2008

chiang mai!

in about half an hr, i'm going on a 2-day hiking trip through the jungles in chiang mai with a little rafting and such (led by a tour group - so not completely unsafe). the weather here is pretty humid. my clothes are taking a bit longer to dry than usual, but luckily i didn't bring too much cotton.

i spent the last few days in bangkok running errands (i.e. i now have my japanese encephalitis shot - it's supposedly a better vaccination that hasn't made it to the US yet), but haven't been able to get my visa for burma yet. i guess it's taking a little while to get my paperwork ready, and since i've only gotten official visas my last two visits, they won't give me anything else (i.e. tourist/business visas). i fly back to bangkok in a few days to try again - should be fine, but who knows!

anyhoo, off to doing some fun stuff after all these errands!

No comments: